Former Chapter Presidents
|Martha Akwa Teke||Present|
|Linda Mukum-Ndofor||2015 – 2017|
|Miranda Ngonga-Nkwame||2012 – 2015|
|Dolly Lyonga Lambe||2008 – 2015|
|Shiri Ndang Njiki||2007 – 2008|
|Martha Akwa Teke||2000 – 2007|
|President||Martha Akwa Tekefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice President||Irene Ngantchaemail@example.com|
|Secretary/Music Prefect||Lorraine Lottinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Financial Secretary||Ruth Sakweemail@example.com|
|Publicity Secretary||Oyere Ndipfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Organizing Secretary||Pauline Lamfuemail@example.com|
|Chief Whip||Adela Abumbifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Total Number of Chapter Members: 17
ExSSA-Dallas subscribes to the mission state of ExSSA-USA and join the organization to provide women and girls with the resources and opportunities to reach their full potential by improving the lives of women and girls through education programs, mentorship opportunities and training programs that will enable their social emancipation and economic empowerment. For ExSSA-USA the vision will be achieved through programs, services and activities that will provide contacts and forums to enhance membership growth.
- ExSSA-Dallas had the foresight and vision to bring together budding chapters that had already formed in some states by hosting the first nation-wide meeting of Sakerettes in the USA in 2001.
- We consistently meet once a month, on the last Sunday of the month, maintained since 2000.
- ExSSA-Dallas has solely funded ExSSA-USA from 2001-2005. We are the only chapter that has hosted three conventions making huge profits for ExSSA-USA in 2001, 2006 & 2014.
- We will be hosting our 15th Annual Valentine’s Day party (our signature event) in 2018.
- We did the first project in Saker Baptist College renovating the sick bay and are the proud recipients of the “Most Motherly Prize” for the most motherly students in form 5 and upper sixth since 2001.
- We are honored to continue as the pioneering chapter of ExSSA-USA.
Community Activities that enhance the mission of ExSSA-USA.
- ExSSA-Dallas continues to support ExSSA-USA project activities, including but not limited to Impact Day which is scheduled for the first weekend of April to support the local community. We also support other Alumni and cultural groups; a few recent events are listed as follows:
- April 6th 2017; ExSSA-Dallas held their Impact Day event where we visited the sick and shot in.
- May12th 2017; ExSSA-Dallas supported Kupexas (Ex-Student of Presbyterian Secondary School Kumba) in their fundraising event.
- September 30th 2017; ExSSA-Dallas supported Bali cultural Associations USA in their fundraising event.
We meet once every month, on the last Sunday of the month.
- We encourage member participation through early bird gifts and awards.
Chapter Support the the National Organization – ExSSA-USA and its Executive?
- ExSSA-Dallas participates in all National projects and convention activities. Our local representatives (PR, organizing secretary, music prefect and chaplain to name a few) work in close collaboration with the national representatives to foster the objectives of the organization. We continue to strive to be the best of what ExSSA-USA stands for. We can therefore say that through our continual cooperation and participation, the state of our union is strong.